How much training:
- You must do 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep your driver CPC (certificate of professional competence) to drive a lorry*, bus or coach
- You only need to complete one set of training every 5 years if you drive both lorries and buses professionally
- You have to do the training in the country where you work or normally live.
- You can be fined up to £1000 for driving professionally without Driver CPC
- You have to complete 35 hours of training before your 5 year deadline which is shown on your card
- Its up to you when you take the training courses, as long as you do them within the 5 year period.
Finding Training Courses:
- We regularly hold Driver CPC courses at our RTITB accredited training centre Terrington St John, normally on a Saturday to save disruption with your working week but we can accommodate anyday.
- We also will travel to undertake any driver cpc training – whichever works for you!
At the training course:
- You must bring with you one of these to the Driver CPC training course:
- a photocard driving licence
- a valid passport
- a digital tachograph card
- a Driver CPC card
- We will send you a certificate of attendance after completing the course – this belongs to you!
- We will enter your training on your Driver CPC training record.
Why use us:
- We are RTITB accredited
- Our trainers have previously been lorry drivers, they understand and have experience on the areas they are training
- We will travel to you if that is what you require
- Our RTITB accredited centre at Terrington St John comes complete with tea, coffee and biscuits!
*we only do lorry driver cpc